Anchorage Alaska Assisted Living Facility
Assisted living communities provide an important function by allowing seniors to retain a significant amount of independence while ensuring their daily needs are met. Choosing the right community for yourself or a loved one requires taking the time to tour the complex, meet the staff, and talk to residents. For a senior, having to leave the family home is a major lifestyle change often accompanied by anxiety.
If you are contemplating the idea of choosing an Anchorage Alaska Assisted Living Facility it is probably because you have been receiving some personal signals that tell you your current home just doesn’t suit your needs anymore. You shouldn’t ignore those signals even though they may be subtle they’re important.
- Is the large yard where your children and the family dog used to play becoming a physical burden to care for? Or are you having to deal with the added expense of hiring a lawn care service to do the upkeep you used to do?
- Is the climb up to the second level bedrooms more difficult than it used to be? Do those basement steps seem more treacherous? Are you afraid of falling?
- Does it take you a much longer time to clean your house than it used to? Are many of the rooms simply unused areas now?
- Are you paying to heat and cool a house that is much larger than you need?
All of these may be indicators that it’s time to move to a smaller community, a home with less upkeep, and a home where you can spend more time enjoying life than cleaning. An assisted living community may be a good option. Although the move may be difficult in some ways it will be well worth the change in other ways. It is important to remember that many memories were made in your current home but those memories don’t reside within those four walls. Memories live inside of you so they will go with you wherever you go.
Once you decide a move is right for you, take ample time to do a thorough search of the assisted living facilities available in Anchorage. There are numerous types of retirement community arrangements. Try to keep in mind your possible long term needs when choosing your new home. A community such as Baxter Senior Living allows you to move to an individual residence and enjoy an independent lifestyle while also offering you options for more assisted care if the need arises as time goes by.
Moving to an assisted living community in Anchorage puts you in close proximity to your family as well as other residents with whom you can share interests and hobbies. Visiting with a few of the residents in the community can give you a good idea of what living there would be like.
Alaskans deserve the best in life. And the best deserve life in Alaska.
- Alaska seniors can age in place
- Watch the sun rise over the Chugach mountains
- Breathe clean Alaska air
- Drink clean Alaska water
- Watch Alaska wildlife
- Listen to the sounds of Alaska
You’re a proud Alaskan. Why should you have to go outside for a first-class senior living
we are Alaska
We believe in providing Alaskan seniors opportunities to make new friends, have fun, and live life to its fullest.
We appreciate that Alaskan seniors are unique individuals with rich backgrounds and experiences. These are the people who made Alaska what it is today.
You’ll come to know we pride ourselves on the abundance of choices we will offer to our Anchorage assisted living residents.
- Assisted Living
Wherever you are at in your retirement journey, Baxter Senior Living will offer an Anchorage senior housing option that helps enrich your life.
- Three Nutritious Meals Daily
- Weekly Housekeeping and Linen Service
- Planned Social and Recreational Activity Programs
- Scheduled Transportation to Shopping, Doctor’s Appointments & Local Excursions
- Grounds & Building Maintenance
- Scheduled Well-being Checks by Staff
- 24 Hour Emergency Monitoring & Response System
- Utilities (Including Telephone & Cable Service)
Comfortable living & resting areas that incorporate the best of Alaska senior housing.
Anchorage Alaska assisted living facility
As a resident of Baxter Senior Living, you will appreciate knowing we will offer 24-hour trained care staff as well as full-time licensed nurses. You’ll think of the entire community of Baxter Senior Living as your home.
- Service Plans for Assistance with the Activities of Daily Living (ADL)
- Personalized Plans
- BBQ pavilion & Gardens
- Health & Wellness Programs
- Full Service Hair & Nail Salon
- Scheduled Transportation
- Dog Park
- All Utilities
- Included; Free Wifi & Cable
- Crafts Studio
- Movie Theater w/ Dolby Surround Sound
assisted living floor plans
Anchorage Senior Housing floor plans provide a detailed representation of the rooms that Baxter Senior Living will have available.
Our active living and support systems are designed not to dominate the lives of our residents, but enhance them in a supportive home-like environment.
- Spacious Studio—390 sq. ft.
- 1 Bedrooms—565 sq. ft.
- 2 Bedrooms—857 sq. ft.
27 Specialty Care
- Assisted Living Apartments
Alzheimer’s disease affects 1 in 9 people age 65 and older, and about 1/3 of people age 85 and older.
Baxter Senior Living offers a secured and distinct Memory Care retirement community for residents that require extra care due to Alzheimer’s and related dementias.
- Customized Service Plans
- Staffed 24-Hours a day
- Trained Dementia Care Staff
- Short-Term Respite Stay Accommodations
memory care services
- Assistance with Ambulation & Walking
- Bathing / Toileting
- Laundry & Housekeeping
- Management of Diabetes
- Daily Wellness Checks
- Transfer Between a Bed, a Chair & Wheelchair to Toilet.
- Many Chronic Medical Conditions not Requiring Assistive Machines (picc-line, ventilator, respirator)
- Outings and Doctor Transportation to Local Appointments
memory care floor plans
Baxter believes the comfort and quality of life of our residents is of utmost importance, because when it’s all said and done, it’s how we provide care for our residents that matters the most. Memory care services differ from the services provided by an assisted living community or a nursing home.
26 Memory Care Residences
- Private Studio—340 sq. ft.
- Shared Room—560 sq. ft.
We offer a place where our residents have the opportunity to age with dignity and enjoyment. Prices start at $5,850 per month; call us now to learn more about our rates and availability.
- No Large Up Front Investment, Endowment or Buy-in
- Terminate Lease With a 30-Day Notice
- Rental Community
- One Year Rental Agreement
- Simply Select your Apartment & Make a Reservation Deposit
Don’t ignore those inner nudges that tell you it’s time for a change. Do your research. Read all contracts carefully. You deserve to enjoy life to its absolutely fullest whoever you choose to live. We have compiled a list of Anchorage Senior Housing options in Anchorage.
Baxter Senior Living providing Homes for Seniors in Anchorage, Alaska. We will provide seniors an option to remain living in Anchorage. If you are seeking Assisted living in Anchorage AK, or Assisted Living in Alaska please contact us today to make your reservations. Baxter Senior care is also providing Memory Care in Anchorage (907) 891-9696 or fill out our contact form and we will be in touch! contact us Learn more about Baxter Senior Living Alaska Memory Care Services and Facilities.
#assistedliving #seniorcare #memorycare #seniorliving #dementia #alzheimers #caregiver #elderlycare #independentliving #eldercare #caregiving #care #healthcare #aging #seniors #health #love #seniorcitizens #dementiacare #caregivers #family #elderly #retirement #AssistedLiving #nursinghome #carehome #homecare #grandparents